Friday, September 5, 2014

Bright Side by Kim Holden 5 Star Review


Synopsis:

Secrets.
Everyone has one.
Some are bigger than others.
And when secrets are revealed,
Some will heal you ...
And some will end you.

Kate Sedgwick’s life has been anything but typical. She’s endured hardship and tragedy, but throughout it all she remains happy and optimistic (there’s a reason her best friend Gus calls her Bright Side). Kate is strong-willed, funny, smart, and musically gifted. She’s also never believed in love. So when Kate leaves San Diego to attend college in the small town of Grant, Minnesota, the last thing she expects is to fall in love with Keller Banks.

They both feel it.
But they each have a reason to fight it.
They each have a secret.

And when secrets are revealed,
Some will heal you …
And some will end you.



Bright SideBright Side by Kim Holden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars








Bright Side will haunt me for days. It was "Epic"!! Kate aka Bright Side is my new heroine of all time and the most bravest character I have read yet. She rocked my world. This story is about a young lady with a past that could bring down the best but she was the type that didn't need to receive compliments and encouragement day by day but she would give them with all her true heart to help others to brighten their day instead.

I loved how she never judged anyone how they believed but also she befriended anyone no matter how bad they treated her. All I can say is take the words of Bright Side and "Do epic" like no one else and "You've gotta seize the moment, dude!"

"Today, my life is awesome. I don't want to think about tomorrow. Or the day after that."

This story took me on another level. Life doesn't always deal us the best card but that doesn't mean you need to quit living till you take your last breath.

Bright Side gave me the giggles'n snorts syndrome the first half of the book because of all the sarcastic humor but then I would start having those teary moments and get nervous to my stomach because I was getting the feeling this was too good to be true. Then I started bawling till the very end but it was well worth it.

Looking forward for more books from this author. 2015 is way far to get a hold of Gus's book but I cannot wait! I am hoping more of a follow up with the other characters too.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment