Monday, June 16, 2014

5 Star Review for Winsor series by T.L. Gray


Author Book Trailer for Shattered Rose

http://youtu.be/cZKCHADAhhY


Shattered Rose by T.L. Gray

Synopsis:

“For any girl who has struggled to love herself.” –T.L. Gray

Avery Nichols knows how to wear the mask. Perfect student, perfect daughter and perfect friend. Nobody would ever guess that inside, Avery is a prisoner to her own self loathing.

Then she meets him…and everything changes.

Handsome, charming and self assured, Jake Matthew sweeps Avery off her feet in an effortless fashion. Avery knows that Jake is everything she needs and all she has ever wanted.

She would destroy herself to be loved by him…until he walks away.

Broken and lost, Avery meets Parker. His genuine, caring nature reaches past the mask and the shattered pieces her heart begin to slowly heal. But just when Avery starts to feel whole again, she realizes the impossible.

Jake never really left.(




Shattered Rose (Winsor #1)Shattered Rose by T.L. Gray

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


loved it! This series is best for teen issues & parents of teens & YA. Very inspirational & uplifting with a very clean romance with a love triangle Avery, Jake & Parker. Also, this is an Amazon Freebie right now!

"Lord, I know there will be times in her life when she feels lost and broken. I pray in her weakness that you become her strength..."

Wow, every chapter ends with a prayer of the subject of that chapter. Avery faces a disease called bulimia because she was always told to she was fat when she was younger or not pretty enough. She replaces food by running but when she hits rock bottom, she has the craving of eating and throwing it all up again.

"Numbness stretched over my shaking body, leaving me cold and empty. If only it would reach my mind, consumed still with my thoughts of him. Thoughts frozen in permanent rewind, reminding me over and over again of how much I had failed." ~ Avery

Avery is in college and moves in with her roommates which she will face challenges and temptations and choices to overcome more obstacles over the once she already faces each day.

Falling in love, heartbreak, depression, temptations

"You said you were flawed and damaged, but my love, we all are. The storms in your life don't make you less than perfect; they make you beautiful and full of character, with the ability to use all you've learned to impact the rest of the world." ~Parker

Avery has always had a choice, but will she see the truth that is in front of her or will her temptations lead her astray?

"You never lost me," he said sweetly as he wiped the tears from my face. "You just had to finally open your eyes before you could find me."

I fell in love with both Jake and Parker and even though both are in Avery's life, she needs to choose. First, she needs to accept someone else in her life and make a change before it is too late.





View all my reviews



Shackled Lily

Book trailor from the Author

http://youtu.be/8bYyvaedmX8


Synopsis:

She vowed never to love…

One would hardly see a three-story mansion, unlimited bank account, and high-end clothes as a prison. But to Kaitlyn “Issy” Summers, her family’s opulence only represents pain, betrayal and fear. To deal with her heartbreaking past, Issy finds multiply ways to self-destruct and harden her heart from ever being hurt again.

He vowed to make her his…

Grant Forester wouldn’t give up on the woman he has loved for years. He could see past the anger and bitterness to the wounded girl in need of healing. He had the secret to freedom if she would only trust him.

But when darkness and deceit surfaces, their ability to choose may become nothing more than an illusion.

Shackled Lily is the second book in the Winsor Series, but can be read as a stand alone novel. This is Lily and Grant's story!


Shackled Lily (Winsor #2)Shackled Lily by T.L. Gray

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"He was rocking me back and forth like a child, and I let him comfort me the way my father never could. When I had finally cried the last of the tears I had been holding onto that day, I sat up and looked at my prince charming."

This series rocks! I had never heard of this author and found her through a mutual friend author Sherry Gammon because I was looking for more clean romances, inspirational, YA. You will get it all packed in one series plus some gut-wrenching twists as well. This is Issy's and Grant's story which deals with parent issues and other real teen issues that is faced today. I wished I had something like this to read when I was younger because I think it would truly help our teens and YA today to show that God can help them overcome their what they are facing in this sinful world. I recommend this series to all the readers out there, especially parents of teens and YA too.

"My heart was fluttering as I felt his breath on my neck. "You don't have to run away from me." I turned around to look up at him, trying to steady my breathing. His caramel eyes locked with mine, and I could see his chest was moving as erratically as mine was. I glanced at his lips, slightly parted and so soft that I couldn't stop my body from moving forward. I leaned into him and lightly put my lips to his. He wrapped his arms around me, cradling my head and kissed me fully and completely. It was a kiss that made me forget any other I had ever felt. I had spent years dreaming of this kiss and it was beyond even my overactive imagination. When he finally released me, his hand immediately on my neck, his thumb running softly over my flushed cheek. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," he admitted. "How long?" I asked in the same labored voice. "Way longer than was legal," he stated with a grin.

View all my reviews


Synopsis to Splintered Oak

A Broken Man...

Jake Matthews understands loss. In just one year, he lost his mother, his first love, his career and now his cousin and best friend. Desperate to find some sense of peace, Jake falls into an agreement that could destroy what's left of his floundering life.

A Transformed Woman...

Naomi Bennett spent the last year finding herself. Running away to Portugal was more than just a trip to find culture, but also an escape from the first man she ever gave her heart to. Now home, the last thing Naomi wants is to catch the eye of notorious playboy, Jake Matthews. But Naomi soon discovers that Jake is not the same person she once knew.

Drawn to his pain, Naomi gets swept up in a whirlwind of circumstances that will shake the very fabric of of her precisely planned future and cause her to question every idea she ever had on love.

When two paths collide, demons resurface and grace abounds, leaving everyone's lives forever changed.


Splintered Oak (Winsor #3)Splintered Oak by T.L. Gray

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"Long gone was the girl who hid in the shadows. The poor girl in a rich school. The half Hispanic girl in the white neighborhood. The Christian surrounded by those who didn't believe in anything."

This is Jake and Naomi's story which also had a follow up of the other characters as well from the previous stories. The series just gets better and better. I am tickled to death to finally find a series that is so earth shattering and life changing to read.

"I was alone, battered, lost, and abandoned by everyone in my life, because I was never enough for them."

It has kept me on the edge of my seat and keeps you guessing on the outcome. I love it dearly and cannot wait for more from this author. I did not want to say much to spoil anything for you guys.

"The need to see her was like a burning coal in my chest. She had become my light in this ever present darkness."


This series is well worth the buy and read! I am promoting it on all my Blog pages as well!

"That was the moment it hit me. The Lord had been preparing me all this time. Little details I had missed, taken for granted, had all been done to get me to this exact point. The magnitude of His sovereignty hit me. Even while I resisted, and long before I surrendered, God was working in my life-guiding me, protecting me, and training me."






View all my reviews







No comments:

Post a Comment